January 10, 2008

Hope is epidemic, optimism spreads...


Tomorrow I have a meeting with a counselor at the local Small Business Association. They are going to help me finalize my business plan and put it into terms that the banks like. I am a bit nervous as this will be the first time I have laid out my idea to someone other than family or friends. I am not sure what to expect, but I am optimistic. The thing about going into the food service industry is that it is a cutthroat business, and it's tough to seperate yourself from the multitude of people who have there own ideas about how to serve the public. I think my plan is pretty good, actually damn good. I just hope I can convince someone else besides me. I am debating if I should take a sample of my wares with me. I am not sure if it would do too much good, since these people don't decide if I get the money I need, but I feel it would be a nice gesture since they work on a volunteer basis, and maybe it will provide some sort of inspiration in their counseling.


In other news, mom is ready to start her next round of treatments. Yesterday I took her to the hospital for her pre-checkup to make sure she is strong enough to start, everything turned out fine, and she is getting better everyday, slowly but surely. Also the house is slowly but surely coming together. Most of the plumbing has been repaired, and the electricity where it is operational, still has a bit of repair ro be done, but thankfully my parents have been able to stay in their own house while all of this is being done. It should all be completed soon, but we are still trying to formulate an exit plan for my parents, it is time that they lived somewhere else, somewhere safer.


As for the rest of my life, it is still a work in progress. There are still some "demons" that need to be exercised. But I feel that I am making good progress. I am healthier than I've been in quite sometime, getting out of that chair at my old job has been benifical. I finally once again feel "in charge" of myself, and not just another sheep in the flock. So far 2008, as young as this new year is, has been positive. Hopefully I can keep riding the crest of this wave of good feelings...






Now I've gained some understanding
Of the only world that we see
Things that I once dreamed of
Have become reality
These walls that still surround me
Still contain the same old me,
Just one more who's searching for
A world that ought to be

1 Comments:

Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Best of luck, Virge, as always.

14 January, 2008 00:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home