December 21, 2007

It's a test of ultimate will...

So far Holiday Season 2007, has not been as festive as I thought it would be. I have the same feeling of "stuck-edness" that I have had all year. I am feeling a bit restless, and want to get things underway. Maybe I just caught a spell of cabin fever. I have been coasting here for a while. Where as it's been nice not to have to be somewhere, I feel it's time for me to get going and start to generate some gainful employment, more importantly get my life back on track, or just on a track. Things are coming together slowly, but my impatience is getting the better of me right now. I am suppose to put together a small sampling of my cooking, for an actual professional chef, talk about intimidating. I have no formal training, unless you consider watching The Food Network as training, but I am confident in my abilities. It mainly that this is a brand new experience for me, meeting with someone in the business, someone who has expertise, someone who can actually help me out. I still have to pinch myself sometimes, to make sure I am not dreaming all of this. If I were still at 'The Grind'...scratch that I don't want to think about that place right now. Brings up too many bad memories, even worse too many good ones.

Mom is still in the hospital and it looks like she is going to be there through Christmas, so that is where I am going to be spending my day. Turns out that the cancer did come back. The obstruction was removed, but she is still having the same pain she had before going in. I'm praying and hoping that it's just a "mental" reflex. Her doctor did say that there were a couple of other spots that he was going to monitor, but everything was removed during the operation. I've been to that hospital so much that I feel like I work there. Not that I am complaining, I just want mom to get better and get out of there. Although the nurses will miss her, she's their favorite patient. Feisty, was the term used to describe her, but in a good way.


Then, to add insult to injury, while the family was at the hospital during mom's had surgery, someone broke into my parents house and stole all of the copper plumbing. They took nothing else, no televisions, dvd players, or money, just the plumbing. That's the new rage now in the old neighborhood, break into a house and pillage it for the copper. It's mainly abandoned houses that this happens to, which makes this so odd. Good thing is they rent so it is not their responsibility to have things fixed. Bad thing is with mom due to come home within the next few days, and the house has no water or electricity, and no heat. If things are not ready by her discharge she'll have to stay with my brother. He lives in a basement apartment, so it would be easier for her to get around and he has a few more amenities(cable tv) than I do. She is now very determined to move out of the old neighborhood, but there seems to be some resistance from my father, but that's another story for another time.

So the "Toughest Year Ever" continues on. I can't wait for 2007 to finally end. Ten days and counting...












Some would said they never fear a thing
Well I do
And I'm afraid enough for both of us
For me and you
Time, if nothing else, will do it's worst
So do me that favor
And tell me the good news first

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
—Hebrews 11:1

21 December, 2007 22:19  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

It's only natural after feeling that things were at a standstill for much too long, now that things are moving in the direction that you want them to go in, it cannot happen fast enough. Good news in that the Cancer was removed and that the docs and nurses are taking such good care of her. Although she will likely have to spend Christmas in hospital, you can all still, if you put your mind to it, have a lovely day of togetherness. 2008 is just around the corner and you are going to make this your year, I know it! Your time to shine, to spread those wings and to fly. Merry Christmas, Virge, to you and your family. And a happy new year where dreams come true. Love and hugs, x

22 December, 2007 15:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home