November 19, 2007

We go out in the world and take our chances...



Well I did it, I made the jump. As of November 9, 2007 I ceased being just another cog at 'the Grind'. So, now what you may ask, well I am now in the process of opening my own bakery/catering operation. I had a test run this past weekend, and the reviews were as Austin Powers would say, "Smashing baby, yeah...". It was a small party, 20 people, and there are still some bugs to be worked out, but overall I'd say it was a B+ effort. Everyone seems to be excited about my new venture, my new nickname is the 'Mad Chef', and I have even received some request from others to cater there upcoming events. I'll admit when I first came up with the idea to leave 'the Grind', and swim in the ocean of entrepreneuralism, I thought myself crazy, but now I wonder why did I wait so long. The little kid I have been searching for has returned, and now I feel refreshed, optimistic, and confident about my future, feelings that I have not felt in a long, long time. I have now found the perfect outlet to express the creativity that simmers inside of me, the perfect starting point to finally leave my mark on this plane of existence. Ideas are flowing freely again, so much that I sometimes have to slow myself down, and not get too much ahead of myself. Stay tuned, this is only just the beginning...

2 Comments:

Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Virgil, congratulations!!!!!!
Woohooo, well done you! Am absolutely, positively thrilled for you. :-D

19 November, 2007 21:23  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Virgil, to you and yours. I've a feeling after recent events this year is going to be extra special. :-)

21 November, 2007 11:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home