December 11, 2007

Atmospheric changes make them sensitive again...






It's hard to believe that it has already been a month since I left 'the Grind'. Feels like yesterday I was "hooked in", and going aimlessly about my life, just doing the bare minimum to be consider part of the living. My progress has slowly coming along, but that's okay. After the first couple of projects I've done, I have realized that there are still things to do before I go fully operational. I have just about completed putting my idea down on paper(menu, business cards, brochures, contracts), and soon it will be time to make it presentable to the people who matter the most...the banks! I have done an additional party and have plans to do another two, a dinner party and a Superbowl Party. I am looking at early 2008 as my launch date to when I start to actually try and make some real money. Small to medium size at first stuff at first, nothing more than about 50-75 people, but I could see the Holiday Season 2008 being a benchmark period for my new enterprise. In the mean time I need to tidy some things, and put the polish back on my skills. There are only a few more things I need to get equipment wise, and then I'll be ready to tackle anything. Deep-Fried Ham, anyone?

So that's the good news, now on to more pressing matters. Mom is in the hospital again. Nothing too serious, but more serious than we had originally thought. She hadn't been feeling too well the past few weeks, and finally today she was admitted into the hospital. Good news is that it is not the cancer coming for a return visit, that was our biggest concern, but there will have to be more surgery. Hopefully this will be the end of the tough part of her recovery. We knew that even though she had been given a clean bill of health, that there was still some healing to be done. It hasn't even been a year since the initial surgery. My brother has already written off 2007 as "The Toughest Year Ever" for our family, which I can't deny has been pretty difficult at times, but as the saying goes, after the storm the sky is cleared...or something like that.

Even though it seems that issues that I thought were finally resolving themselves seem to be coming back around, I still have a deep feeling that everything is going to be just fine, even better than fine. I need to get ready for the next phase, and a new set of responsibilities in my life. It is now time for me to fulfil my potential, and to take care of those around me, most of all myself. I am greater than the life I once lead. Not that it was a horrible way to be, but it was very limited. A friend of mine said, " 'the Grind' was not conducive for me to show the world what I am made of.". Thanks, I couldn't have put it better myself. I have complete faith that despite how tough 2007 has been for my family, or how tough things may get, that we will make it through and prosper. What's just as exciting is that I faith in myself to do the same. Watch out 2008 here we come...






Look! The mist is rising
And the sun is peaking through
See the steps grow lighter
As I reach their final few
Hear the dancing waters
I must be drawing near
Feel, my heart is pounding
With embattled hope and fear


1 Comments:

Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Virgil, hope your mom makes a speedy recovery.

Your future sounds as bright as I always knew it would be. Wishing you the very best of everything in 2008 and most of all that many hungry bellies will gravitate towards you. :-D xoxo

15 December, 2007 06:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home